glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Marshalltown

Marshalltown Marshalltown, Iowa Message Board -- includes Rhodes, State Center, Tama, and Toledo (in Marshall County)

Old 08-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Momma

Default No more Steak Center?

Went to Steak Center last night only to find it is now called "Woodrow's Bar and Grill". When did this happen?

We walked out after standing around a half-hour waiting to be seated. I don't know if this was their first night in business or not. But I do know they were woefully unprepared and under-staffed. We definitely won't be going back anytime soon.

So we took our business to Rube's in Montour instead. No regrets...they are real pros at Rube's.

We concluded the evening by hitting Meskwaki and beating up on the slots pretty good.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
junior glurber

The old owners sold in July. The new owner overnight turned a great restaurant into a giant piece of crap. I have never got any food in less than 45 minutes. I didn't think it was possible to ruin something that quick. Instead of having grill your own or having the waitresses cook the food like they used to they now have a full time cook who stands at the grill. I'm not even sure he had ever seen a grill before he started there. While waiting over an hour for my food one day I watched him cut into every steak he cooked to see if it was done, which apparently he doesn't know dries them out. Then after he finished cooking the food he just left it sitting on a plate on the side of the grill without telling any of the waitresses that the food was done. I watched one plate sit there for over 10 minutes before the waitress happened to walk by and see that it was done.

This is the biggest joke of a restaurant I have ever seen. I can't wait for them to go out of business so somebody can buy it that actually knows what they are doing. I live in State Center and now drive to restaurants out of town where I can get a good steak rather than walking to this "restaurant".
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Momma

Does the new management at Woodrow's have all the kinks ironed out yet?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
junior glurber

Not really. Its better than the first week but still not good. From what I have seen the food is still not that great the guy cooking still doesn't know what hes doing and in the last week or so they have had 3 or 4 people quit. He better figure something out before he runs out of employees.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Glurbmeister

You people are unbelieveable.You need to give a place more than a day or a week after re-opening to figure things out.

From where i see it if i know a place has new owners and new staff i would most likely give it time before i went and not rush there the first day and then complain on a internet forum how you think it sucks.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyG View Post
You people are unbelieveable.You need to give a place more than a day or a week after re-opening to figure things out.
It's been under new management for almost 3 months now. When I went there back on AUGUST 1st, I expected to dine at Steak Center. I had no idea I was walking into a place that just changed management.

Chill.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Remember the Alamo

Restaurants only get one chance, I don't go back time after time in the hope it gets better.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
junior glurber

I don't think its asking too much for someone who buys a very successful business and only has it closed for two weeks and reopens with the same staff not to completey ruin a good business. Only two things changed, the name and the owner. I wonder which one is to blame?