glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Other Iowa communities > Altoona

Altoona Altoona, Iowa Message Board -- (in Polk County)

Old 03-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Remember the Alamo

Question Big Steer restaurant, closed?

I've driven past the Big Steer a number of times in the last couple of months and there wasn't a single car parked in the lot.

Has it shut down too?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Glurber

A friend told me he ate there a few weeks ago. I don't think they open until 5:00 and I know they were always closed on Sunday.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
glurber in training

Is this the one on Adventureland drive? Kinda of a brown building and not much decor on the outside? We tried to eat there years ago but other plans ruled. Have not made it back yet.

peace out. ironman
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Remember the Alamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber View Post
A friend told me he ate there a few weeks ago. I don't think they open until 5:00 and I know they were always closed on Sunday.
You're right Its a late opener. I ate there once years ago on a coupon from my realtor for buying a house, its not cheap, but its nice.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
glurber in training

We drove by that area on Thursday and saw a new restaurant. Well, it was new to us because it has been well over a year since we cruised around there. Can't fully remember the name... Jake's Smokehouse bbq or something. There were a LOT of cars there but we kept on driving and saw The Big Steer and that place was PACKED. Not a single parking spot was available. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

peace out

ironman

Last edited by ironmanx72; 10-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanx72 View Post
We drove by that area on Thursday and saw a new restaurant. Well, it was new to us because it has been well over a year since we cruised around there. Can't fully remember the name... Jake's Smokehouse bbq or something. There were a LOT of cars there but we kept on driving and saw The Big Steer and that place was PACKED. Not a single parking spot was available. This was around 2 in the afternoon.

peace out

ironman
You saw Jethro's BBQ. It is AWESOME! They have three (soon to be four) locations. The first one is by Drake and it is just BBQ. The second is in Altoona and also features steaks. The third is in Waukee and also features cajun. The soon to be open fourth will be in Ankeny and will also feature seafood. All of them have their amazing BBQ.