glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Nevada, Iowa

Nevada, Iowa Nevada, IA Forum -- includes Collins, Colo, Maxwell, McCallsburg, and Zearing (in Story County)

Old 04-22-2011, 04:26 PM
junior glurber

I would still like to know how many domestic calls the NPD that didn't end in a death. I am going to guess that they have responded to numerous ones and these " rookies" cops didn't go and shoot all of them. They responded and handled the situations they way they thought was best for THAT ONE. I am still not saying this was a justified shoot....but maybe just maybe it was. If they can respond to 1000 domestic calls and only one ends in a shooting, then maybe they do know how to handle these calls. Maybe this one was more violent....maybe Kevin tried to attack the cop. Again we don't know what happened here. So I don't see how you guys can attack these police officers by saying they are stupid gun happy and inexperienced. I would lay money that this is not the one and only call they had received for domestic. I would also say that Eric was not the one and only one they have responded to for running around like a crazy man with a weapon. I would also bet that the guy that stole the squad car was not the one and only one that they were chasing after he had harmed ( or in this case KILLED ) someone. Just because one out come is not the way we would hope it would be, does not mean that they don't know how to do their jobs correctly.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

Just as some predicted, I notice a softening of the outrage as time goes by. Many have now began questioning themselves and admitting perhaps they were responding with emotion rather than facts.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Just as some predicted, I notice a softening of the outrage as time goes by. Many have now began questioning themselves and admitting perhaps they were responding with emotion rather than facts.
No sooner had I posted the above when I get a phone call.
I have 2 questions: (1) Anyone know how many times Kevin was shot?
and (2) How long did they keep his boy, Tanner, the one at the table with him when it happened in private quarters after the shooting, without an attorney before releasing him?

Just ask'n.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 PM
junior glurber

I think it takes time to figure out the full story and this site should wait and see what happens and then react to outcome. I think it was unnecessary but that is all I can say as I was not there to witness the situation. I think we should pray for the family and hope that the out come will be the justification they expect.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM
junior glurber

Quote:

Was this towards me? Because I have never said I had facts on this incident....I have maintained and will continue to maintain that I will not make my decision until the facts come out.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Momma

Quote:
No sooner had I posted the above when I get a phone call.
You're asking for the person who called you?
Old 04-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnsrych View Post
Was this towards me? Because I have never said I had facts on this incident....I have maintained and will continue to maintain that I will not make my decision until the facts come out.
No. My comment was not directed at anyone. It just seems that things were leveling off and I don't recall who said that but I don't recall anyone arguing about the comment either. No offense intended.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
I haven't posted much

I did not know Kevin or the officer. My sympathies to Kevin's family and friends for their tragic loss. My sympathies to the officer involved because this must be devastating to him. My concern is Kevin's wife. I have heard noone mention how she must have felt. She called the police for a domestic assault. She doesn't dare say anything against her husband now, or his friends and family will "get her". Plus, I am sure there will be a lawsuit...but, you don't just call the police for an everyday husband, wife spat. I do not know her either, but it sounds like she was being abused and assaulted. Am I the only one that feels bad for her? I wonder what she was really thinking at the funeral. None of this makes sense to "out of towners." He has come out a hero and noone cares about her ???
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
junior glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1 View Post
I did not know Kevin or the officer. My sympathies to Kevin's family and friends for their tragic loss. My sympathies to the officer involved because this must be devastating to him. My concern is Kevin's wife. I have heard noone mention how she must have felt. She called the police for a domestic assault. She doesn't dare say anything against her husband now, or his friends and family will "get her". Plus, I am sure there will be a lawsuit...but, you don't just call the police for an everyday husband, wife spat. I do not know her either, but it sounds like she was being abused and assaulted. Am I the only one that feels bad for her? I wonder what she was really thinking at the funeral. None of this makes sense to "out of towners." He has come out a hero and noone cares about her ???

Don't say no one. I have not been making Kevin a hero. I have said from the start.....we have no idea what happened so we can not make judgements either way. I have also said that my heart goes out to all involved ....including the police officer. So please don't lump all of us together.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnsrych View Post
Don't say no one. I have not been making Kevin a hero. I have said from the start.....we have no idea what happened so we can not make judgements either way. I have also said that my heart goes out to all involved ....including the police officer. So please don't lump all of us together.
Kind of late for that attitude. If you comment on it, you are in the lump. Pretty simple.